People arrive at Covid-19 mobile testing site in Huntingdon only to find it is not there
- Credit: Archant
A mobile Covid-19 testing centre that was meant to be at One Leisure in Huntingdon today (September 11) is not there.
Large numbers of people have turned up at the site this morning to be told by staff from the leisure complex that they “didn’t know” why the test centre wasn’t there.
The unit was set to be at the site today (Friday), as stated on the Cambridgeshire County Council website.
Mandy Watkins, from Somersham, turned up at One Leisure with her daughter Orla at 10am to get a test for her, only to find there was no Covid-19 test in sight.
She was instead greeted by one of the One Leisure staff, who told her they didn’t know why the unit wasn’t there.
You may also want to watch:
Mandy said: “My daughter was sent home with a high temperature yesterday from school and is not allowed back into school, until she has had a Covid-19 test.
“I spent all day yesterday trying to get her a test and they could offer me was one in Bedford, so I saw that there was a Covid-19 testing centre in One Leisure Huntingdon today and took my daughter there.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
“When we arrived there was many people there looking confused as the mobile testing centre was not there.
“We are unsure whether it has been moved to another location or not.”
The Hunts Post has contacted Cambridgeshire County Council for a comment.