People arrive at Covid-19 mobile testing site in Huntingdon only to find it is not there
- Credit: Archant
A mobile Covid-19 testing centre that was meant to be at One Leisure in Huntingdon today (September 11) is not there.
Large numbers of people have turned up at the site this morning to be told by staff from the leisure complex that they “didn’t know” why the test centre wasn’t there.
The unit was set to be at the site today (Friday), as stated on the Cambridgeshire County Council website.
Mandy Watkins, from Somersham, turned up at One Leisure with her daughter Orla at 10am to get a test for her, only to find there was no Covid-19 test in sight.
She was instead greeted by one of the One Leisure staff, who told her they didn’t know why the unit wasn’t there.
You may also want to watch:
Mandy said: “My daughter was sent home with a high temperature yesterday from school and is not allowed back into school, until she has had a Covid-19 test.
“I spent all day yesterday trying to get her a test and they could offer me was one in Bedford, so I saw that there was a Covid-19 testing centre in One Leisure Huntingdon today and took my daughter there.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 6 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 9 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
“When we arrived there was many people there looking confused as the mobile testing centre was not there.
“We are unsure whether it has been moved to another location or not.”
The Hunts Post has contacted Cambridgeshire County Council for a comment.