Family pay tribute to cyclist who died in Wyton
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A cyclist who died in Wyton last Wednesday November 11 has been named by police and his family have paid tribute to him.
The collision happened on the A1123, Houghton Hill, at about 1.30pm.
Emergency services attended but the cyclist, 74-year-old Edward Frome of Rodney Road, Hartford, known as “Eddie” to his loved ones, sadly died at the scene.
The driver of the blue Vauxhall Corsa remained at the scene.
No arrests have been made.
In a tribute, Eddie’s son Jeremy, said: “Eddie was raised in Huntington, one of 10 children, and attended St Peter’s School and owned and operated Huntingdon Flooring.
You may also want to watch:
“Eddie was very well known, always had a smile and a joke to tell.
“He passionately followed several sports, notably football, especially Chelsea and locally St Neots Town, cricket and boxing.
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Tributes paid to Prince Philip from across Huntingdonshire
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 7 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'
- 8 Town rangers are the friendly face of the High Street
- 9 New shop opening in St Ives as lock-down eases on April 12
- 10 Students in Ramsey complete 180,874 minutes of exercise for school challenge
“He was preceded in death by his parents Bert and Frances Frome and brothers, Freddy, David and Ian.
He is survived by his two sons, Jeremy and Daniel, brothers Peter and Christopher and sisters Diane, Olga, Helena and Madeline.
“He was a great friend to many and will be missed by all.
“Funeral arrangements will be announced at a later date.”
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 207 of November 11.