Young saxophonist to perform in lunchtime concert at Oundle International Festival
- Credit: Archant
Former Hinchingbrooke School pupil Rob Burton will be performing a lunchtime recital on saxophone at the Oundle International Festival on July 10.
Last year, the 18-year-old won the Oundle Young Musician of the year competition and the recital was his prize.
“I am practising very hard and it should be a great concert,” he said.
His programme includes music specially written for the saxophone by a wide range of 19th and 20th century composers, including Rudy Wiedhoft’s Valse Vanité, Robert Planel’s Prélude et Saltarelle and Pedro Iturralde’s Pequeña Czarda.
The concert, which also features Stephen Ostler on piano, takes place at St Peter’s Church, in Oundle, at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £6 and available from the box office on 01832 274734.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity