Woodwalton author releases book he hopes will capture the excitement of Christmas
- Credit: Archant
An author from Woodwalton has released a new book which he hopes will capture the excitement of Christmas Eve for both adults and children.
Freddie Mitman has penned The Magic of Christmas Eve – a poem about Father Christmas and the night he pays a visit to a sleeping household.
Mr Mitman, who has also penned books about golf and business, said: “I have always loved the American book The Night before Christmas but it is very old fashioned and was probably aimed more at adults than children.
“I wanted to write an up-to-date British version which both children and adults might enjoy, anyone, that is, who still believes in Father Christmas.”
You may also want to watch:
The book features illustrations by William Webb and was given the seal of approval by youngsters after Mr Mitman visited Sawtry Primary School recently to read excerpts from the book.
Mr Mitman added: “The feedback from those who have seen and bought the book has been very positive. People seem to love the sentiment of the story and, I believe, my book stands out because it is an understandable, real, story that could really happen.”
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 3 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
The Magic of Christmas Eve is available online at Amazon or via www.fast-print.net/bookshop.