£10 off all weekday tickets to see Wise Children at Cambridge Arts Theatre. Show runs November 20-24
- Credit: Archant
It’s £10 off all tickets for weekday performances of Wise Children at Cambridge Arts Theatre
It’s being called the show of the season and comes to Cambridge Arts Theatre from London’s West End.
It’s set on April 23, Shakespeare’s birthday. The place is Brixton and twins Nora and Dora, twin chorus girls, are celebrating their 70th birthday. Over the river in Chelsea, their father and the greatest actor of his generation, Melchior Hazard turns 100 on the same day, as does his twin brother, Peregrine.
The show is directed by Emma Rice, former director at The Globe, who has adapted the novel by Angela Carter, the author’s last, as well as creating a new theatre company of the same name.
The Guardian reviewer who gave it five stars said: “I’m not sure why you should stop at five...there is a fantastic narrative sense throughout: the play is the thing and it can do anything.”
You may also want to watch:
Shows at 7.45pm with 2.30pm matinees Thursday and Saturday. The discount on tickets is for shows Tuesday to Thursday. Use the code WISE10 when booking online or at the the box office. Tickets, 01223 503333 or cambridgeartstheatre.com.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives