WIN tickets to see Will Young play at Newmarket Nights
- Credit: Archant
With the likes of Jess Glynne, Little Mix, and The Corrs playing at Newmarket Nights, this summer’s music scene is set to be one of the hottest yet.
And joining this year’s line-up will be chart-topper and 2002 Pop Idol winner, Will Young - with two pairs of tickets from The Hunts Post up for grabs.
The singer is known for creating some of the nation’s best-loved singles, like his debut offering ‘Evergreen’ which sold more than 1.7 million copies, beating Black Eyed Peas ‘I Gotta Feeling’ and even Adele’s ‘Someone Like You’.
Since shooting to fame in 2002, Will Young has released six studio albums, including ‘Friday’s Child’, ‘Let It Go’ and ‘Echoes’, with his latest work – ‘85% Proof’ - hitting shelves last summer.
Since then, it has gone on to be his fourth number one album.
You may also want to watch:
Organised by The Jockey Club Live and Newmarket Racecourses, Will Young will take to the stage at the Adnams July Course on June 24, and this season is not only celebrating great music, but also the venue’s 350th anniversary as the home of horseracing.
Other acts announced for the anniversary year include the likes of Kaiser Chiefs on July 15, Busted on July 22, and Tears for Fears on July 29.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to see Will Young, just answer this question. Which 2002 talent show did the singer win?
Answers on a postcard to: The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is June 16. Entries must include a daytime telephone number. Usual terms and conditions. Editor’s decision final.
Gates open at 3:45pm with the first race starting at 5:45pm. Will Young will perform from 9:15pm with his set lasting about 90 minutes.
Little Mix and Jess Glynne’s sets are both sold out for shows at the Newmarket venue, but tickets for other acts are still available from thejockeyclublive.co.uk.