Win tickets to see Police Academy star at Cambridge Comedy Festival
POLICE Academy star, Michael Winslow is just one of more than 40 top comedians taking part in the Cambridge Comedy Festival next month and we have tickets to be won.
POLICE Academy star Michael Winslow is one of more than 40 top comedians taking part in the Cambridge Comedy Festival next month – and we have tickets to be won.
The four-day festival is running from July 8-11 at the Junction and the Boathouse.
It will provide a rare opportunity to see some of the biggest names in comedy perform their new material for this year’s Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
On July 10 and 11 there will be rare live appearances from Winslow, right, who is best known for playing Sgt ‘Motor Mouth’ Jones in the Police Academy films.
You may also want to watch:
He is a Hollywood legend famously known as a master of vocal gymnastics and can imitate more than 1,000 incredible sound effects using only his voice. These include the frenzy of Jimmy Hendrix playing guitar and the roar of a jet plane.
He has also starred in and provided voices for the films, Spaceballs and Gremlins and TV shows The Simpsons, Family Guy and King of the Hill.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Other comedy acts taking part in the festival include fast-talking Australian stand-up Pete Jonas on July 8 and Mock the Week regular Mark Watson on July 9.
There will be a kid’s comedy club on July 10 and July 11.
Other acts include a 3D magic spectacular with Barry and Stuart on July 8 and comedy and caricatures with Nik Coppin on July 9.
Also to perform is triple Perrier Award nominee Dan Antopolski with his show, Turn of the Century on July 10 and Hardeep Singh Kohli in The Nearly Naked Chef on July 11.
We have a pair of tickets to be won to see Michael Winslow at the Cambridge Comedy Festival.
To be in with a chance of winning, just tell us the name of the character Winslow played in the Police Academy films.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Cambridge Comedy Festival competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by July 2.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: Tickets cost from �16.50-�5 per show. For the full line-up, times or to book tickets, visit �
www.cambridgecomedyfestival.com or phone 01223 511511.