Win tickets to see Patti Smith at the Cambridge Corn Exchange
IT’S not often you get one of the 100 most influential people in the world appearing on your doorstep.
So news that Godmother of Punk, Patti Smith, is set to appear at the Corn Exchange in Cambridge should spark some serious interest.
Armed with her latest release, Banga, Smith presents her latest collection of tunes to world in a series of much-anticipated concerts covering all four corners of the globe.
Listed as one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people on the planet, Smith’s Banga is her eleventh studio album and was recorded throughout 2011 in New York.
The release includes many collaborations including those with Tom Verlaine of Television and Smith’s own children, Jackson and Jesse Paris.
You may also want to watch:
Inspired by her unique dreams and observations, the material on Banga focuses on a wide range of human experience and features songs about history, current affairs, death and nature.
The album, released on June 1, was announced alongside the release of its lead single, April Fool, as a digital download on April 1, 2012.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The Hunts Post has a pair of tickets to give away to see the concert.
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us which member of the band The Eagles did Patti Smith collaborate with on the song Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough?
Answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Patti Smith competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
Entries should include your name and daytime phone number and reach us by July 25.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: Patti Smith plays the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Monday, September 10. Tickets �25 available from www.cornex.co.uk or by visiting 01223 357851.