Win tickets to see Les Misables at Huntingdon Cineworld
THE year 2012 has to go down in history as one of the most eventful for a variety of reasons, not least the explosive offerings at the box office.
And if January’s anything to go by, 2013 promises more of the same.
Bursting onto the silver screen in the new year is the breath-taking, ground-beaking adaptation of global theatrical super-hit Les Miserables.
As befitting a project of this magnitude, the A-List cast is one to envy and sets the scene for the ultimate movie experience.
After serving a long prison sentence Valjean (Hugh Jackman) becomes a noble force for good, but is slavishly pursued by policeman, Inspector Javert (Russell Crowe) after breaking his parole.
You may also want to watch:
Set against the tumultuous backdrop of French revolutionary history, Victor Hugo’s classic 1862 novel has been adapted for the stage many times over.
In bringing this powerful story of broken dreams and unrequited love to the big screen, Kings Speech director Tom Hooper decided to have to performers sing live rather than mime to a recording.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
The result is an unrivalled musical epic of extraordinary immediacy.
Its superlative cast also includes Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen.
The Hunts Post has three pairs of tickets to give away to see a film of your choice at Cineworld, Huntingdon. To stand a chance of wining just tell us the name of the character played by Russell Crowe in Gladiator. Answers on a postcard or a sealed envelope to Les Mis competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB. Entries should include your full name and address and reach us by December 19. Usual competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: Les Miserables shows at Huntingdon Cineworld from January 13.