Win tickets to see Les Misables at Huntingdon Cineworld
THE year 2012 has to go down in history as one of the most eventful for a variety of reasons, not least the explosive offerings at the box office.
And if January’s anything to go by, 2013 promises more of the same.
Bursting onto the silver screen in the new year is the breath-taking, ground-beaking adaptation of global theatrical super-hit Les Miserables.
As befitting a project of this magnitude, the A-List cast is one to envy and sets the scene for the ultimate movie experience.
After serving a long prison sentence Valjean (Hugh Jackman) becomes a noble force for good, but is slavishly pursued by policeman, Inspector Javert (Russell Crowe) after breaking his parole.
Set against the tumultuous backdrop of French revolutionary history, Victor Hugo’s classic 1862 novel has been adapted for the stage many times over.
In bringing this powerful story of broken dreams and unrequited love to the big screen, Kings Speech director Tom Hooper decided to have to performers sing live rather than mime to a recording.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
The result is an unrivalled musical epic of extraordinary immediacy.
Its superlative cast also includes Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen.
The Hunts Post has three pairs of tickets to give away to see a film of your choice at Cineworld, Huntingdon. To stand a chance of wining just tell us the name of the character played by Russell Crowe in Gladiator. Answers on a postcard or a sealed envelope to Les Mis competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB. Entries should include your full name and address and reach us by December 19. Usual competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: Les Miserables shows at Huntingdon Cineworld from January 13.