Win tickets to see Joan Armatrading in Cambridge
ONE of the world’s most respected singer-songwriters is showcasing her immense talent in Cambridge this autumn, and The Hunts Post has a pair of sought-after tickets to give away to see the show.
Ivor Novello Award-winner, Joan Armatrading, is returning to the Cambridge stage in a gig that not only dips into her illustrious past, but shines a light on her fabulous present.
The 62-year-old Brummie has a recording career spanning over 40 years during which time she has notched-up three Grammy and two BRIT Award nominations.
With an enviable breadth of diverse material, one can only marvel at what her new jazz-infused album, Starlight, has to offer.
A move away from her 2010 release This Charming Life, which heralded a return to a more rock/pop oriented format, Starlight offers the listener yet another fore into jazz.
You may also want to watch:
Ever the musical chameleon, Armatrading’s ability to adapt and vary her musical style with each release is what sets her up as one of the finest singer-songwriters this country has ever produced.
To stand a chance of winning tickets to see the show just tell us the length of Joan Armatrading’s career.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
Answers on a postcard or a sealed envelope to Joan Armatrading competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
Entries should include your name and a daytime telephone number and reach us by September 12.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: Joan Armatrading plays at the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Monday, October 15. Tickets �29.50 available from www.cornex.co.uk or by calling 01223 357851.