Win tickets to see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close at Cineworld in Huntingdon
Tom Hanks stars in this moving drama about a young boy attempting to solve a puzzle set by his late father.
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close cert-12A
Nine-year-old Oskar Schell (Thomas Horn) was always inspired by doting father Thomas (Tom Hanks) and his playful sense of adventure.
But after Thomas died in the World Trade Centre on September 11, 2001, Oskar struggled to come to terms with the events of what he calls “the worst day.”
The troubled boy suddenly finds a key in an envelope on which his father wrote the word ‘Black’.
Could this be a final puzzle for him to solve?
With a renewed sense of purpose, Oskar sets out to track down everyone in New York with the surname Black.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Along the way he recruits the enigmatic mute (Max von Sydow) who lodges with his grandmother (Zoe Caldwell).
Adapted from Jonathan Safran Foer’s bestseller by Forrest Gump-screenwriter Eric Roth, this tearjerker from director Stephen Daldry offers a skilful blend of heartfelt emotion and engaging mystery.
The Hunts Post has three pairs of tickets to give away to see the film at Cineworld in Huntingdon.
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us the date of the World Trade Centre disaster.
Answers on a postcard or a sealed envelope to ELIC competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB. Entries should include your name and address and reach us by Wednesday, February 14. Usual Archant competition rules apply.