WIN tickets to see Busted at Newmarket Racecourse
- Credit: Archant
With the likes of Jess Glynne, Tears for Fears, and Little Mix yet to play at Newmarket Nights, this year’s programme has certainly not disappointed.
And, with Busted set to appear on July 22, it’s just as well The Hunts Post has two pairs of tickets to the show up for grabs.
The reunion they said would never happen has happened, and, after 12 years, Busted are back touring the UK with hits like ‘What I Go to School For’, ‘Year 3000’ and ‘Air Hostess’.
Speaking to The Hunts Post earlier this year, Matt, James and Charlie said they couldn’t wait to play at the racecourse.
“Any kind of racecourse gig is wicked,” Matt said.
You may also want to watch:
“They’re fun, you know, everyone’s been out all day having a wicked time and we get to finish them off.
The boys have just finished their summer comeback tour, ‘Pigs Can Fly’, where some 100,000 tickets were sold in just the first hour.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
“We were pretty blown way by the response,” Charlie added.
The band split in 2005, with Charlie vowing never to return, but after meeting up with the others a few years ago, creative juices started flowing.
“Matt and James rang up and said they wanted to meet up a couple of years ago. They came up to my house and it was the first time we’d seen each other in eight years. We hadn’t actually talked in eight years,” Charlie said.
“It was pretty crazy, but we started hanging out and started talking about stuff and realised that we were, creatively, on similar pages to where we thought Busted could go if we did get back together.”
The boys visited the Newmarket racecourse in April, where they met Dalham Hall stud, Golden Horn.
“I like to come a bit early to the racecourse gigs because I like to absorb the day a little bit and get a little bit of gambling going on before we go on,” Matt said.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to see Busted, just answer this question. How many members are in Busted?
Answers on a postcard to: The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or email: email@example.com
Deadline is July 14. Entries must include a daytime telephone number. Usual terms and conditions. Editor’s decision final.
The first race starts at 5.30pm with gates opening two hours before. The last race will be at 20.45pm with Busted performing shortly afterwards.
Tickets for the Grandstand and Paddock Enclosure are limited, but still available for £18.
To book, call 0344 579 3010 or visit thejockeyclub.co.uk.