Win tickets to see a film of your choice at Cineworld
- Credit: Archant
The multi-talented Eddie Redmayne stars in the extraordinary and moving true-life love story, The Danish Girl.
In 1920s Copenhagen, bohemian artist Gerda Wegener (Alicia Vikander) asks her husband Einar (Eddie Redmayne) to stand in for an absent female model. The experience of putting on women’s clothes fulfils something deep within him, and Gerda’s portraits quickly become a sensation among the unwitting public. With his wife’s support and encouragement, Einar creates a female persona called Lili Elbe and begins living as a woman. But the couple’s lives become complicated when Lili attracts male attention and Einar realises that he needs to take things further. Following his Oscar winning triumph as Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything, Eddie Redmayne undergoes another astonishing transformation in this profoundly touching true story of one of the first recipients of gender reassignment surgery. It’s magnificently and tastefully staged by Tom Hooper, Oscar-winning director of The King’s Speech, who previously directed Redmayne in Les Miserables.
The Hunts Post has four pairs of tickets to give away (two for Cineworld St Neots and two for Cineworld Huntingdon). To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, answer this question.
In which city is The Danish Girl set?
Answers on a postcard to: The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 3TB or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Deadline is: January 22.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal