Win tickets to Francis the Holy Jester in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
An intimate, insightful and humorous play that explores the life of an Italian Saint is coming to Huntingdon.
Francis the Holy Jester is showing at the Commemoration Hall on Sunday, September 26 at 6pm.
Written and directed by Dario Fo and translated and performed by Mario Pirovano, the show is a celebration of life, liberty, truth and devotion.
It tells the story of Saint Francis of Assisis who labelled himself as God’s Jester.
The one man show brings together courtiers, Popes, cardinals, generals and peasants, Saints and sinners, and provides an insight into life in medieval Italy.
It was described by The British Theatre Guide as “the most entertaining and funny history lesson you could hope to see”.
We have a pair of tickets to be won to see Francis the Holy Jester in Huntingdon.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
To be in with a chance of winning just tell us who directed the play.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Francis the Holy Jester competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by Wednesday, September 22.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: Tickets cost £8.50 from www.ticketsource.co.uk\patch or Huntingdon Town Council on 01480 388688.