Win a pair of tickets to see summer Shakespeare performance in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
There are still some tickets available for this summer’s performance of Pericles from the Shakespeare at the George (SATG) theatre company and you could be there for free.
The Hunts Post has teamed up with SATG) to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a pair of tickets for a mid-week performance of Pericles.
The production, directed by Richard Brown, takes place in the courtyard at The George Hotel in Huntingdon, from June 27 to July 8.
Pericles is a late play, probably written in 1608 and preceding Cymbeline and The Winter’s Tale. In Shakespeare’s time it was one of the most frequently performed of his plays but probably the complexity of locations in the story made it less suitable to the formal proscenium arch style of theatre. It is now becoming more popular once again with several recent notable productions.
“The play is like no other written by Shakespeare for its depth of storyline,” said Simon Maylor, from SATG.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a wonderful story of pure adventure. It is perhaps easiest to think of it rather like a Shakespearian version of The 1001 Arabian Nights, a fairy tale that romances its way around the Mediterranean world.
With a cast of 19 people playing 47 parts, it really is a “company” production, similar to SatG’s award-winning production of The Nativity, also directed by Richard Brown, performed under the “Parlour” brand at the end of 2015.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, answer this question.
How many cast members will perform the 47 parts in this performance of Pericles?
Answers to: The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon. PE29 3TB or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticket prices range from £11-£13 and there are discounts for groups and under 16s are £7.50.
www.satg.org.uk/tickets or www.ticketsource.co.uk/satg