Win a pair of tickets for the Booze on the Ouse Festival in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA)’s Booze on the Ouse beer and cider festival will feature an unprecedented array of awarding winning real ales from 1424 brewers from across the country – and you could be there for free.
The Hunts Post has teamed up with the organisers to offer readers the chance to win one of six pairs of tickets for the event at the Priory Centre in St Neots from March 17-19, plus vouchers for beer samples.
Breweries from across Cambridgeshire will be well represented, including the newest, Papworth Brewery and Bexar County in Oakham. There will also be a number of specialty beers with added ingredients such as coriander, chocolate, vanilla, raspberries and pumpkin.
For those who fancy something a bit different there will be a selection of real draught ciders and perries including Cromwell Cider from Hemingford Grey and and there will be bottled British, Belgian, Dutch, and German beers providing Trappist, lambic, Kölsch, wheat beers and other individualistic national beer styles.
The festival’s volunteer real ale bar manager, Paul Moorhouse, said: “Festival-goers can expect a great range of beers, served in prime condition – a balanced range of real ale styles from across the UK regions, but with a big emphasis on local brewers as usual.”
You may also want to watch:
Wines, soft drinks and food will be available. Commemorative glasses will include a legal measure of one third of a pint, enabling visitors to sample more of the beers and ciders. CAMRA is campaigning for more pubs to use these smaller legal measures.
The festival is supporting the Huntingdon area Wildlife Trust Group and will feature displays, pub games and other fund-raising activities manned by Wildlife Trust volunteers.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets and some beer sample vouchers, answer this question.
According CAMRA which cider is made in Hemingford Grey?
Answers on a postcard to: The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 3TB or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Archant terms and conditions apply. Closing date is March 14.
INFORMATION: The festival runs from March 17-19 at the Priory Centre, Priory Lane, St Neots, PE19 2BH and is open from midday till 1pm on Thursday and Friday and midday till 10pm on Saturday. Families welcome until 8pm.
No entry or re-admission after 10.30 pm (9.30 pm Sat). Admission is £1/£2/£3 and free to CAMRA members. www.hunts.camra.org.uk.