Win a pair of tickets for Cineworld
- Credit: Archant
Recommended Film of the Week: Dunkirk (12A)
Dunkirk opens as hundreds of thousands of British and Allied troops are surrounded by enemy forces.
Trapped on the beach with their backs to the sea they face an impossible situation as the enemy closes in. Dunkirk features a prestigious cast, including Tom Hardy, Mark Rylance, Kenneth Branagh and Cillian Murphy, as well as newcomer Fionn Whitehead.
The film was written and directed by Christopher Nolan, best known for his work on Inception, Interstellar, and the Batman trilogy.
In May 1940, Germany advanced into France, trapping Allied troops on the beaches of Dunkirk. Under air and ground cover from British and French forces, troops were slowly and methodically evacuated from the beaches as part of Operation Dynamo.
You may also want to watch:
They used every serviceable naval and civilian vessel that could be found and, at the end of this heroic mission, 330,000 French, British, Belgian and Dutch soldiers were safely evacuated.
The Hunts Post has teamed up with Cineworld to give away four pairs of tickets (two for Cineworld in St Neots and two for Huntingdon) to see a film of the reader’s choice. To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, answer this question:
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
In what year did the evacuation of Dunkirk take place?
Answers, which must include a postal address, should be sent to: The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or e-mail: email@example.com.
Entries should reach us by August 4.