Whirlwind journey for Josh’s singing career
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old singer from St Neots is setting his sights on becoming a professional recording artist.
Josh Davis only realised he could sing last year, but since then has been swept up on a whirlwind journey to chase his dreams, signing a deal with a management company and getting ready to release his debut single.
As part of his whirlwind journey into music, the youngster is also keen to spread the word on cyber-bullying and discrimination against teenagers – something he says he can relate to.
“When you release a track or video or post anything online, you’re giving a part of yourself to the world.
“Although this has made it easier for artists like myself to promote new music, it also invites a faceless audience to criticise you and your work, so I can identify with victims of online abuse.”
You may also want to watch:
Helping to create awareness, Josh is planning a 120-date schools tour where he will give a presentation to audiences before performing his original songs.
The youngster is inspired by the likes of Elvis and Michael Jackson, and has a distinctive soulful tone to his music.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Signed by The Famous Company, Josh’s first record – Fight with You – will be available in the spring, with his debut EP currently being worked on by a top production team whose credits include MNEK and Frankmusik.
In fact, the tracks have already picked up live shows for Josh, most recently supporting former X Factor winner Ben Haenow at Birmingham’s NEC.
Clearly set for big things in 2017, the youngster is one to keep an eye on and is scheduled to play more gigs in the UK, including a special homecoming show in St Neots in March.
For more, visit thefamouscompany.com.