Wellworth Players to perform Goodnight Mister Tom at Needingworth Village Hall
- Credit: Archant
The Wellworth Players will perform Goodnight Mister Tom at Needingworth Village Hall, from October 26-28.
The play, written by David Wood, from the novel by Michelle Magorian, is a touching and moving tale about William Beech who is evacuated to the country during World War Two.
A cast of talented adult and child actors will tell the story of William’s friendship with Tom Oakley. The piece is alternatively funny and sad but always thought provoking and ultimately uplifting.
“This is a work that will appeal to people of all ages and for this reason we have added a Saturday matinee to our schedule,” said director Mark Hebert.
“The play is set during the dark and dangerous build up to World War Two and the action takes place in the countryside and in London.
You may also want to watch:
Goodnight Mister Tom is a tale of two broken souls from very different ends of the age scale and celebrates the value of love and proves that friendship knows no barriers.”
Performances are at 7.30pm on Thursday/Friday/Saturday with a matinee performance at 2.30pm on the Saturday also.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Tickets are £12, which includes supper and there is a bar. Tickets for the matinee are £6, and there is no food available. Tickets are available from the Queens Head, High Street, Needingworth; Whateley’s News, Constable Road, St Ives or Chatters Café in Needingworth.