Arts Theatre announces Wayne Sleep will play one of the ugly sisters in this year’s panto...oh yes he will!
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge Arts Theatre has announced that the legendary ballet dancer, choreographer and television personality Wayne Sleep will play one of the ugly sisters in this season’s pantomime, Cinderella.
Starring alongside Sleep, will be actress Liza Goddard, who takes up the role of the fairy Godmother, following her appearance as the empress in 2018's Aladdin.
Returning for his fourteenth Arts Theatre pantomime is the hilarious and much-loved Matt Crosby, who will be teaming up with Sleep to star as the second ugly sister. Crosby is much celebrated for his role as the pantomime dame and starred as Widow Twankey in 2018's Aladdin and Dame Trott in 2017's Jack and the Beanstalk.
The annual pantomime at the Cambridge Arts Theatre is a firm fixture in the Christmas calendar in Cambridge, a tradition which dates
back more than 80 years.
For the 2018 panto, the theatre welcomed more than 34,000 adults and children through the doors, including 48 schools from Cambridge
and the surrounding area.
- 1 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 4 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Workers take strike action at St Neots power station in pay dispute
- 7 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 8 Can you help welcome people to the Cromwell Museum?
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 Couple walk 350 miles to St Neots to raise awareness for suicide prevention
This timeless tale is packed with sing-along songs, sensational costumes and hilarious jokes for the whole family to enjoy. Cinderella is directed by Phil Clark and written by Al Morley. Further casting to be announced.
Cinderella opens on Thursday, November 28, 2019 and runs until Saturday, January 11, 2020. For full
Information and ticket prices visit: www.cambridgeartstheatre.com. Adult tickets: £17- £46, children tickets: £17 - £26, school tickets: £17.
Box office: 01223 503333.