Warm up your vocal cords for singing skills showcase with St Neots group
- Credit: Archant
Now the Christmas celebrations are over and we’ve seen in the New Year with a bang, our thoughts inevitably turn to the 12 months ahead.
From quitting smoking to dropping those extra pounds, resolutions are being made by those determined to bring about positive changes, no matter how big or small.
While many of us will have abandoned our earnest plans by the end of the month, there is one step that is sure to make a real difference for aspiring singers.
St Neots Choral Society is holding an open rehearsal on Wednesday, January 14, at its regular venue in the hall at Eynesbury Church of England Primary School, Montagu Street, Eynesbury, from 7.30pm-9.30pm.
Those who used to sing publically or those who would just like to have a try are equally welcome to come and exercise their vocal cords and meet up with the choir.
You may also want to watch:
The 2015 season will include the St John Passion by Bach, which is sure to give the choir plenty to sing. It will be performed with professional soloists and an orchestra on Saturday, March 28, at St Mary’s Church, Eaton Socon, at 7.30pm.
The rest of the programme of events also features a Last Night of the Proms concert. A joint performance with St Neots Sinfonia, it will be held at The Priory Centre on Saturday, June 27.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
St Neots Choral Society has been singing major works for over 40 years and the group is always on the lookout for new members. There are no auditions and members do not have to read music, but it is helpful to have the ability to do so.
INFORMATION: Rehearsals take place at Eynesbury Church of England Primary School every Wednesday except in school holidays. For more information about the choir or concerts, call Patti on 01234 376278, Janet on 01480 392322 or 01480 212298 to speak to Jean Searle, the membership secretary.