Warm up your vocal cords for singing skills showcase with St Neots group
- Credit: Archant
Now the Christmas celebrations are over and we’ve seen in the New Year with a bang, our thoughts inevitably turn to the 12 months ahead.
From quitting smoking to dropping those extra pounds, resolutions are being made by those determined to bring about positive changes, no matter how big or small.
While many of us will have abandoned our earnest plans by the end of the month, there is one step that is sure to make a real difference for aspiring singers.
St Neots Choral Society is holding an open rehearsal on Wednesday, January 14, at its regular venue in the hall at Eynesbury Church of England Primary School, Montagu Street, Eynesbury, from 7.30pm-9.30pm.
Those who used to sing publically or those who would just like to have a try are equally welcome to come and exercise their vocal cords and meet up with the choir.
The 2015 season will include the St John Passion by Bach, which is sure to give the choir plenty to sing. It will be performed with professional soloists and an orchestra on Saturday, March 28, at St Mary’s Church, Eaton Socon, at 7.30pm.
The rest of the programme of events also features a Last Night of the Proms concert. A joint performance with St Neots Sinfonia, it will be held at The Priory Centre on Saturday, June 27.
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 10 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
St Neots Choral Society has been singing major works for over 40 years and the group is always on the lookout for new members. There are no auditions and members do not have to read music, but it is helpful to have the ability to do so.
INFORMATION: Rehearsals take place at Eynesbury Church of England Primary School every Wednesday except in school holidays. For more information about the choir or concerts, call Patti on 01234 376278, Janet on 01480 392322 or 01480 212298 to speak to Jean Searle, the membership secretary.