VANT at The Portland Arms in Cambridge on November 4
- Credit: Archant
Vant released their new single Parking Lot next month and you can catch the band at the Portland Arms in Cambridge on November 4,
After just two releases to date – the AA single Parasite/Do You Know Me? and the follow-up The Answer – London-based newcomers have already made a huge statement with extensive support from Annie Mac, Zane Lowe, XFM and 6Music; shows with Royal Blood and Hinds; plus a succession of positive press coverage.
Vant will continue to build on this support with the released of the single on November 13. Like The Answer before it, Parking Lot has also been named as Annie Mac’s Hottest Record in the World at Radio 1.
Fronted by charismatic vocalist/guitarist Mattie Vant and completed by Henry Eastham (guitars/vocals), Billy Morris (bass) and Martin Söderin (drums), Vant have been compared to The Pixies with echoes of Queens of the Stone Age, yet frontman Mattie Vant takes influences from a vast spectrum of musical genres which are then all condensed into two-and-a-half minute onslaughts.
Vant’s first summer of festival touring included Reading, Leeds, The Great Escape, Dot To Dot, Calling Festival, Secret Garden Party, Boardmasters and Bingley Live. VANT will next embark upon the following dates for the DIY Presents Tour with revolving co-headliners Inheaven and The Big Moon, plus many more shows this year including dates as support to Fidlar.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Vant, with support from Prison Whites are at The Portland Arms in Cambridge on November 4, tickets are £5 from: www.wegottickets.com.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity