Unexpected friends and magical creatures in open-air production of The Secret Garden at Grafham Water
- Credit: Archant
Join Mary Lennox on her journey of discovery as she travels to her uncle’s house deep in the Yorkshire countryside, where unexpected friends and very magical creatures help her unlock the mystery of the secret garden. This most enchanting story is presented, by the Chapterhouse theatre company, in an open-air setting at Grafham Water on Sunday.
“I couldn’t imagine a more perfect setting for this story than the wonderful gardens and open-air venues Chapterhouse visits,” said script writer Laura Turner.
“The Secret Garden is one of those rare stories that appeals to children and adults alike. It captures the joy of being alive and encourages us to trust in ourselves and believe the seemingly impossible - because with a little bit of self-belief, the most extraordinary things can happen.”
The Secret Garden is performed at Grafham Water at the Marlow car park at 4pm.
Tickets are; adult – £14; child – £10 and family (2 adults and 2 children) £42. Tickets are available from (0871) 220 0260 or www.seetickets.com
You may also want to watch:
Gates open at 3pm. Bring your own rugs or low-backed seating and picnics. Refreshments are also available from the Visitors Centre.
INFO: For more details on where you can see a production this summer and for more information on how to buy tickets you can visit the website www.chapterhouse.org .
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes