Parallel stories played out in Cambridge theatre production
- Credit: Archant
The Twisted Willow Theatre company presents a production called Alternate Slices at the Corpus Playroom, in Cambridge.
This new play, created by Julia Bolden and directed by Richard McNally, features Jenny Scudamore, as Finola, Steven Kitson, plays Matt and Ashley Harris is Nick, and takes place from July 24-28.
The action takes place in a partially decorated room, but whose room is it? Is it Matt and Finola’s bedroom, in which they receive a visit from intrepid traveller friend, Nick? Or does the house belong to DIY enthusiast Matt who is being visited by Finola and her partner and travel companion Nick?
This is no run of the mill love triangle. Both parallel stories play out simultaneously before the audience, taking them on multiple journeys with twists and turns and unexpected revelations.
“It has been a very satisfying collaboration,” said Julia.
You may also want to watch:
“It was brilliant having Richard on board from an early stage in the writing, as he had some great ideas about how to stage it, to ensure the audience could keep track of which of the parallel realities the characters are in at each point in the play. I was then able to incorporate these and other suggestions of his, into the text.
INFO: The Corpus Playroom is at: 10 St Edward’s Passage, Cambridge, CB2 3PJ.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Tickets are £5-£6, Wed/Thurs £6-£7, Fri/Sat £6-£8 and performances start at 7.45pm.To book tickets online: www.adctheatre.com/slices or call: 01223 300085.