Tori performs in youth ballet and talks about her ambitions for the future
- Credit: Archant
A young ballet dancer has been appearing in an English Youth Ballet production after being chosen from hundreds of hopefuls.
Victoria Gibbons, a Year 8 pupil at Hinchingbrooke School, in taking part in the London Children’s Ballet performance of The Canterville Ghost in London.
The 13-year-old was one of 670 dancers who auditioned for 57 places and she had to undergo three rounds of auditions for the part.
Tori, as she is known, attends the Generations Dance Academy, LL Dance, and the Central School of Ballet, and started dancing when she was aged just three.
Her previous roles include playing the doll in the Copelia Doll for the English Youth Ballet and she has danced in the company’s performance of Sleeping Beauty in Stevenage and Dartford.
You may also want to watch:
“I started dancing after watching my sister through the door of her dance classes. I dance at Generations Dance Academy, LL Dance and I attend Central School of ballet every Saturday as an associate student. I do ballet, tap and modern, but my favourite is ballet and I attend five ballet classes a week. I really enjoy pointe work.”
Tori explained why she loves to dance and her ambitions for the future.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
“I can connect with the music and express myself when I can’t with words and it makes me happy and I love the feeling it gives you after you have performed in front of people. Dancing has given me a lot of confidence. My ambitions for the future are to go to full time ballet school then perform with ballet companies like English National Ballet.”