Top Abba tribute to come to St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Prepare your dancing shoes for a serious workout – Abba Fever are coming to a nightspot near you.
The top tribute act are to perform at Wyboston Lakes on Friday, September 26 and The Hunts Post has a pair of tickets to give away.
A five-piece band, the group were formed in 1996 and have been taking their colourful show to stages across Britain and Europe ever since.
Katie Eastwood (Agnetha), Lesley McCoy (Anni-Frid), Steve Nelson (Benny) and Dayle Thompson (Bjorn) promise an energetic evening of classic tunes made even more popular by the 2008 film Mamma Mia!
The line-up is completed by Pat Rudge, who plays the part of Abba drummer Ola Brunkert.
They are sure to have the Wyboston audience on their feet and dancing away to hits such as Waterloo, Dancing Queen, The Winner Takes It All, Super Trouper and Knowing Me Knowing You.
To win a pair of tickets to next month’s show, simply answer the following question: What year was the film Mamma Mia! released?
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to Abba Fever competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB. The closing date is Friday, August 29.
Tickets are selling fast but were still available at the time of writing. They are £39.50 per person and include a three-course dinner and half a bottle of wine. As well as the main act, there will also be a disco into the early hours.
Meanwhile, a Summer Soiree, the first event of its kind at Wyboston Lakes, is being held on Friday, August 29.
The venue’s Waterfront bar and restaurant will host an evening of music, including a saxophonist followed by Sugar Soul. A DJ will keep the tunes coming until midnight. Cocktails will be served, along with a giant paella.
Tickets are £29.95 and include a cocktail on arrival, canapés, paella and a mini dessert selection.
INFORMATION: To book tickets call 0333 7007667 or go to www.wybostonlakesbooking.co.uk/eventsbooking. Over 18s only. Overnight packages for both events are available.