Top Abba tribute to come to St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Prepare your dancing shoes for a serious workout – Abba Fever are coming to a nightspot near you.
The top tribute act are to perform at Wyboston Lakes on Friday, September 26 and The Hunts Post has a pair of tickets to give away.
A five-piece band, the group were formed in 1996 and have been taking their colourful show to stages across Britain and Europe ever since.
Katie Eastwood (Agnetha), Lesley McCoy (Anni-Frid), Steve Nelson (Benny) and Dayle Thompson (Bjorn) promise an energetic evening of classic tunes made even more popular by the 2008 film Mamma Mia!
The line-up is completed by Pat Rudge, who plays the part of Abba drummer Ola Brunkert.
You may also want to watch:
They are sure to have the Wyboston audience on their feet and dancing away to hits such as Waterloo, Dancing Queen, The Winner Takes It All, Super Trouper and Knowing Me Knowing You.
To win a pair of tickets to next month’s show, simply answer the following question: What year was the film Mamma Mia! released?
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to Abba Fever competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB. The closing date is Friday, August 29.
Tickets are selling fast but were still available at the time of writing. They are £39.50 per person and include a three-course dinner and half a bottle of wine. As well as the main act, there will also be a disco into the early hours.
Meanwhile, a Summer Soiree, the first event of its kind at Wyboston Lakes, is being held on Friday, August 29.
The venue’s Waterfront bar and restaurant will host an evening of music, including a saxophonist followed by Sugar Soul. A DJ will keep the tunes coming until midnight. Cocktails will be served, along with a giant paella.
Tickets are £29.95 and include a cocktail on arrival, canapés, paella and a mini dessert selection.
INFORMATION: To book tickets call 0333 7007667 or go to www.wybostonlakesbooking.co.uk/eventsbooking. Over 18s only. Overnight packages for both events are available.