Music icon Tom Jones to perform at Newmarket Nights
- Credit: Archant
The Jockey Club Live has announced that national icon Tom Jones will be returning to headline Newmarket Nights this summer.
He will be performaing at Newmarket Racecourse on Friday, July 24.
Tom Jones' career has spanned over half a century, and has seen him win many accolades including a BRIT Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music and a Silver Clef Award for Lifetime Achievement. A global star, who was knighted by Her Majesty the Queen in 2006, has amassed 36 top 40 UK hits and has a continued worldwide reputation as one of the great vocalists, earning the nickname 'The Voice'. He continues to be a coach on the hit ITV show of the same name. As he celebrates a landmark 80th birthday this summer, Tom will be returning to Newmarket Nights where he'll be performing hits from his huge repertoire, spanning genres and generations including 'Kiss', 'Delilah' and 'It's Not Unusual'.
Sophie Able, General Manager of Newmarket Racecourses, said: "We are delighted that Tom Jones will be returning to the Green Green Grass of the July Course this summer to perform many of his iconic hts. We have one more artist announcement to complete the 2020 Newmarket Nights line-up so keep your eyes peeled."
The Jockey Club Live are leading promoters on the UK live scene, delivering spectacular line-ups featuring the hottest chart talent and legendary household names to some of the world's most famous racecourses. Summer Saturday Live and Newmarket Nights are a staple in the region's social calendar and each year host tens of thousands of fans of live music. Past headliners have included Kylie, George Ezra and Little Mix.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets will be on sale at 8am on Friday, January 31 via thejockeyclublive.co.uk, with a presale available to customers at 8am on Wednesday, January 29. Tickets are priced starting at £32.48 (inclusive of transaction fees). All T&C's are available on newmarket.thejockeyclub.co.uk. There will be hospitality packages available to suit all budgets.
Tickets for The Script (Friday 19th June), Bryan Ferry (Friday 26th June), Rick Astley (Friday 31st July), Jack Savoretti (Friday 7th August), Alfie Boe (Friday 14th August) and McFly (Summer Saturday Live, Saturday 29th August) are on sale now via thejockeyclublive.co.uk.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 6 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 9 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 10 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year