Tickets to see Clean Bandit at Thetford Forest go on sale on Friday
- Credit: Archant
Clean Bandit is the latest act to announce a performance at Thetford Forest this summer and tickets go on sale on Friday.
They join Elbow and Rick Astley at the venue for the Forestry Commission’s summer concert series, which helps to promote and raise money for woodland and wildlife projects.
Clean Bandit, formed in Cambridge in 2008, and the band’s debut album New Eyes included Extraordinary (feat. Sharna Bass) and the Number One smash hit Rather Be (feat. Jess Glynne) a track that took the band into the international mainstream and won them industry recognition with a Grammy Award for Best Dance recording.
Following on from this success, 2016 saw the release of two massive hit singles, Tears (feat. Louisa Johnson) and Rockabye (feat. Sean Paul and Anne-Marie). The latter’s popularity is reflected in playlist dominance and the formidable status of being Number One on the UK official singles chart for nine consecutive weeks, the longest reign by a UK artist since 1994. It has topped the charts in 30 countries around the world and the song’s achievement has been cemented with Brit Award nominations for British Single and British Artist Video.
Forest Live is an independent programme, organised by the Forestry Commission, to bring forests to new audiences. Income generated from ticket sales is spent on protecting, improving and expanding England’s forests and woodlands and increasing their value to people and wildlife. Over Forest Live’s 16-year history, money raised has contributed to a wide range of projects, from wildlife conservation to making improvements for visitors. With everything required for a great night out, including full catering and bar facilities, the gigs are renowned for their relaxed atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
Clean Bandit, plus guests, will be at Thetford Forest, near Brandon, Suffolk, on July 2. Tickets are £33 (plus £3.80 booking fee) available from 9am on February 17, from the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400, or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
INFO: www.cleanbandit.co.uk; forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service