Tickets on sale for this summer’s Shakespeare at the George performance and you could be there for free
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are now on sale for this summer’s performance of Pericles from the Shakespeare at the George theatre company.
The Hunts Post has teamed up with SatG and is offering one lucky the reader the chance to be there for free.
The production, directed by Richard Brown, takes place in the courtyard at The George Hotel in Huntingdon, from June 27 to July 8.
Pericles is a late play, probably written in 1608 and preceding Cymbeline and The Winter’s Tale. In Shakespeare’s time it was one of the most frequently performed of his plays but probably the complexity of locations in the story made it less suitable to the rather formal proscenium arch style of theatre. It is now becoming more popular once again with several recent notable productions. The play is like no other written by Shakespeare for its depth of storyline. It is a wonderful story of pure adventure. It is perhaps easiest to think of it rather like a Shakespearian version of The 1001 Arabian Nights, a fairy tale that romances its way around the Mediterranean world.
With a cast of 19 people playing 47 parts, it really is a “company” production, similar to SatG’s award-winning production of The Nativity, also directed by Richard Brown, performed under the “Parlour” brand at the end of 2015.
You may also want to watch:
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, answer this question.
How many cast members will perform the 47 parts in this performance of Pericles?
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Answers to: The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon. PE29 3TB or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticket prices range from £11-£13 and there are discounts for groups and under 16s are £7.50.
www.satg.org.uk/tickets or www.ticketsource.co.uk/satg