Tickets on sale for this summer’s Shakespeare at the George performance and you could be there for free
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are now on sale for this summer’s performance of Pericles from the Shakespeare at the George theatre company.
The Hunts Post has teamed up with SatG and is offering one lucky the reader the chance to be there for free.
The production, directed by Richard Brown, takes place in the courtyard at The George Hotel in Huntingdon, from June 27 to July 8.
Pericles is a late play, probably written in 1608 and preceding Cymbeline and The Winter’s Tale. In Shakespeare’s time it was one of the most frequently performed of his plays but probably the complexity of locations in the story made it less suitable to the rather formal proscenium arch style of theatre. It is now becoming more popular once again with several recent notable productions. The play is like no other written by Shakespeare for its depth of storyline. It is a wonderful story of pure adventure. It is perhaps easiest to think of it rather like a Shakespearian version of The 1001 Arabian Nights, a fairy tale that romances its way around the Mediterranean world.
With a cast of 19 people playing 47 parts, it really is a “company” production, similar to SatG’s award-winning production of The Nativity, also directed by Richard Brown, performed under the “Parlour” brand at the end of 2015.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, answer this question.
How many cast members will perform the 47 parts in this performance of Pericles?
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 9 Buckden man gives his 100th blood donation
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Answers to: The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon. PE29 3TB or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticket prices range from £11-£13 and there are discounts for groups and under 16s are £7.50.
www.satg.org.uk/tickets or www.ticketsource.co.uk/satg