Tickets on sale for summer production of The Tempest in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Tickets go on sale today for this summer’s Shakespeare at The George production of The Tempest.
The outdoor performances, directed by John Shippey, will take place in the courtyard at The George Hotel in Huntingdon from June 28 till July 9.
Since 1959, Shakespeare at The George has entertained tens of thousands of people with its acclaimed open-air productions of Shakespeare’s plays. The atmospheric Jacobean courtyard provides an evocative setting, designed much like audiences would have experienced in Shakespeare’s time.
Tickets, costing £10, go on sale today (March 1) at midday and are available from: www.satg.org.uk/tickets or www.ticketsource.co.uk/satg. Performances start at 7.30pm.
Saturday April 23, 2016 marks the 400th anniversary of the death of the world’s greatest playwright and storyteller. To commemorate Shakespeare’s creative legacy, The Shakespeare at The George Trust is curating a day of family-friendly activities and workshops celebrating all of the best bits of Shakespearean theatre. And it’s all free.
You may also want to watch:
The Festival will be held on Saturday, April 23, from 10.30am – 5.30pm at The Commemoration Hall in Huntingdon High Street. For the full Shakespeare 400 Festival schedule and to book a place on any of the free workshops visit www.satg.org.uk/festival.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph