Tickets on sale for forest gig featuring former Housemartins frontman Paul Heaton
- Credit: Archant
Paul Heaton, Jacqui Abbott with special guest Billy Bragg are the latest acts to announce a spot at Thetford Forest next summer.
Heaton, former frontman with The Housemartins and Abbott who joined Heaton as lead vocalist with The Beautiful South, from 1994 to 2000, will headline the concert, which is organised by the Forestry Commission, on June 9.
Heaton and Abbott’s latest album Crooked Calypso charted at Number 2 making it their highest placed release as a duo to date and follows on from two further top five albums.
Heaton, one of the UK’s most successful songwriters with some 10 million album sales under his belt, first came to public attention in the early 80s as front man of Hull-based indie poppers The Housemartins best known for their third single Happy Hour and their No 1 acapella Isley Bros cover Caravan of Love.
In ’88 Heaton formed The Beautiful South, who released 10 hugely successful albums. Jacqui Abbott was lead vocalist in The Beautiful South from ’94 to 2000 and she sang many of their signature hits including Rotterdam, Perfect 10, Don’t Marry Her and Dream A Little Dream.
You may also want to watch:
The Forest Live gigs will see them play material from their albums as a duo and songs from The Beautiful South and the Housemartins.
Forest Live is a major live music series, managed by the Forestry Commission. Held every year in seven beautiful forest locations across the country, more than 1.5 million people have attended a gig in the programme’s 17-year history. With everything required for a great night out, including good food and drink, the concerts are renowned for their informal and relaxed atmosphere set to a spectacular forest backdrop. Income generated from ticket sales helps to look after the nation’s forests sustainably, for people to enjoy and wildlife to thrive.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Tickets are £33.50 (plus £3.85 booking fee) available from the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400, or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
INFO: forestry.gov.uk/music; paulheaton.co.uk; billybragg.co.uk.