Tickets now on sale for this summer’s Shakespeare at the George production of Richard III
- Credit: Archant
Tickets for this year’s Shakespeare at The George (SatG) summer production of Richard III go on sale on March 1.
The production, directed by Lynne Livingstone, will be performed in the courtyard of The George Hotel, Huntingdon, and runs from June 26 to July 7 (with a break on July 1.
The play has now been cast, but SatG is still looking for backstage crew, technicians, wardrobe and makeup to help with its award-winning productions. Anyone who wishes to get involved behind the scenes this year, should e-mail Paula on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written during Elizabeth I’s reign in 1591, Shakespeare puts a Tudor spin on the end of the Wars of the Roses and the rise of the Tudors. This political thriller about the desire for power and the all-consuming corruption of absolute power is made even more timely by current world news.
Richard, Duke of Gloucester sweeps aside anyone in his way to achieve his goal of Kingship. However, retaining the crown will take him to the darkest of places and turn a country against him.
You may also want to watch:
Shakespeare at the George last performed Richard III in 1979. Grab your chance to see the original ‘House of cards’. Did he really kill those princes?
Richard III (Dean Laccohee) Duke of Buckingham (Rob Barton) Queen Elizabeth (Alex Priestley). For full cast list and more information about SatG, go to: SatG.org.uk.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 9 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward