Tickets available for VIP tour of Dame Evelyn Glennie’s private instrument collection
- Credit: Archant
World famous percussionist Dame Evelyn Glennie has teamed up with Huntingdon’s Oxfam Books & Music to offer 10 people the chance to bid for a VIP experience and tour of her private instrument collection.
The tour will take place at Hinchingbrooke House on Monday, November 30 and tickets are being offered through the online auction website, ebay.
Dame Evelyn Glennie is the world’s first full-time solo percussionist and performs all over the world with the orchestras, artists and conductors.
The VIP experience has been offered by Dame Evelyn Glennie in support of Oxfam’s Refugee Crisis Emergency Appeal.
She will give the 10 ticket-holders a personal guided, one-hour tour of her private instrument collection, which consists of more than 2000 percussion instruments, including items such as the Glennie Aluphone that she played at the London 2012 Olympic Games opening ceremony. She also owns one of the world’s largest kettledrums. Dame Evelyn is also offereing a free gift bag, which will include a signed photo, a keychain from her jewellery collection and a promotional DVD to each person on the tour.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Details of the Dame Evelyn Glennie offer are on the Oxfam facebook page at: www.facebook.com/oxfamhuntingdonbooks or go to: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262146550348.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity