Tickets are on sale for this summer’s Buckfest
- Credit: Archant
Organisers have announced that this year’s Buckfest - which promises to be even bigger and better - will take place on July 16.
Since it’s inception in 2010, Buckfest, which was started by Buckden man Rick Holden, has brought the local community together to enjoy a day of entertainment, provide a platform for local music talent and raise money for good causes.
Intended to encourage Buckden residents to spend more time around the village club, Buckfest has grown from 100 festival go-ers and four bands in 2010 to showcasing 22 bands across three stages last year.
This year, the Buckfest organising committee, comprised of residents of Buckden and St Neots who all volunteer their time, will welcome 1750 people to the one-day festival, and are hoping for another sell-out event.
The committee is starting out with just £600 and relying heavily on a group of, mainly local businesses, to provide gifts in kind or sponsorship for key items and festival equipment.
You may also want to watch:
“Buckfest is all about bringing the local community together in a safe, fun environment, providing local bands with an opportunity to showcase their talent and build a following,” said Mr Holden.
“It’s probably not that well known that the profits from Buckfest support Buckden Village Club, to ensure that it remains available for community use. Those who have been to the festival over the years will know that we also select a small local charity to raise funds for each year. We want to build a legacy within the community and I’m proud that we are the largest small festival in Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
INFO: Tickets for Buckfest 2016, which will be held at Buckden Village Club, are on sale now.
For further announcements, go to: #info_buckfest, or join the Facebook Group Buckfest Music Festival.
To support the festival by becoming a Friend of Buckfest - as a supplier, sponsor, or volunteer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.