This week’s TV pick: Country House Rescue
This weeks TV pick
Country House Rescue
Thursday June 14, 8pm
ENTREPRENEUR, Simon Davis, takes the reigns for the fourth series of Country House Rescue, which sees six stately home owners seek his advice as to how to maintain their unique properties for generations to come.
Davis, who describes his passion for Britain’s stately homes as “unbridled”, explains that these historic buildings are best served by staying in the hands of their original owners and being made to work for a living.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 5 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 6 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 7 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
The first episode of the new series sees Simon struggling to persuade the Viscount and Viscountess Brookeborough to open their crumbling home to strangers in order to save Colebrooke Park, a neoclassical mansion in Northern Ireland.