This week’s music pick: Caro Emerald - Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor
Music Pick: Deleted Scenes From the Cutting Room Floor - Emerald Caro
With one eye-brow raised, a smug grin worn and fingers clicking to a moderate 104 BPM, the sultry jazz energy from Caro Emerald’s debut album is there for all to hear.
Predominantly an R & B release, the Amsterdam-born Emerald manages a seamless fusion of jazz and trip-hop, with a clearly audible influence of soul star Mary-J Blige.
A Night Like This, which climbed to the top of the charts as a single, is definitely one to listen out for - a cheeky, up-tempo tune with both Latin and 1940’s influence, it sets the pace for the rest of the equally innovative album.
Another stand-out track is the brilliant I Know He’s Mine, which demonstrates Emerald’s versatility with it’s fore into reggae.
You may also want to watch:
Overall, a fresh, summer sound from the 30-year-old Dutch songstress, that wouldn’t be entirely out of place pumping through the speakers of your convertible on a summer’s afternoon.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service