This week’s CD pick: Maroon 5 Overexposed
FOR the past few years the shirtless Adam Levine has been the best thing about one-time indie chart-toppers, Maroon 5, until last summer when they released Moves like Jagger and the world was reminded.
Levine’s stint as a celebrity panel judge on TV talent show, The Voice, also boosted the group’s latest album sales to levels not seen since their 2002 debut, Songs About Jane.
Whereas that multi-platinum selling debut combined funk, indie-pop, classical guitar and Levine’s more-than-unusual vocals, Overexposed is decidedly more poppy and their new mainstream sound dulls their unique selling point - that voice.
You may also want to watch:
Moves like Jagger is an undeniably catchy success, but hopefully this album is a project to help the band regain some notoriety after a string of mediocre releases so that they may return to form next time around.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal