Arts Theatre will show “brilliant” comedy before its New York run
- Credit: Archant
Caroline Langrishe (Lovejoy, Judge John Deed) stars in the searing, sharp and brilliantly funny situational dark comedy Caroline’s Kitchen, arriving in Cambridge later this month.
The show, written by Torben Betts, will be staged, from January 29-February 2, at the Cambridge Arts Theatre for one week only prior to a New York run.
?Caroline Mortimer is the nation’s favourite TV cook. In the glow of studio lights she has it all – a sparkling career, a big house, a (golf) loving husband, smart kids and the best kitchen money can buy. But when the camera turns off the truth comes out, and when an unexpected guest disrupts a night of celebration there is more to spill than the wine…
Caroline Langrishe is best known for her roles as Charlotte Cavendish in BBC’s Lovejoy and Georgina Channing in Judge John Deed. British actor Aden Gillett is also starring, whose credits include BBC’s The House of Eliott, Holby City and an upcoming role in The Crown.
The Original Theatre Company’s previous productions at the Cambridge Arts Theatre include The Habit of Art, starring Matthew Kelly, The Importance of Being Earnest, Wait Until Dark and another of Torben Betts’ comedies, Invincible.
You may also want to watch:
Times and prices: Tuesday – Saturday, 7.45pm and matinee performances at 2.30pm on Thursday and Saturday. Tickets are priced at £20/£25/£30/£35 and are available from the box office on: 01223 503333/www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'