Theatre, puppets, magic and comedy for new season at area’s libraries
- Credit: Archant
Libraries across Cambridgeshire will be offering more than books this autumn
The Library Presents is back for a new season of arts and tickets are on sale now.
The season starts on Saturday, September 21 and will provide high quality, affordable arts activities right through to December 15.
There will be a tailor-made programme for each participating library, providing something for everyone, whatever their age and interests, including dance, music, puppetry, magic, comedy and theatre.
Also included will be a variety of arts and craft workshops, including arts, drama, lantern making, print making and even science. Other workshops will explore objects from the University of Cambridge Museums' collections, or help with improving performance skills while discovering the art of African Township Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
The libraries included are Huntingdon, Ramsey, St Ives, St Neots and Warboys.
Another theatre highlight is 'Greyhounds' by the up and coming Time and Again Theatre Company who will bring their clever and charming production to Chatteris and St Neots libraries. Set during WW2, the story tells of a local drama company battling to overcome the war raging in the skies above them, as well as the tribulations of village life, to stage a production of Henry V.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
Councillor Steve Criswell, Cambridgeshire County Council's chairman of the community and partnership committee, said: "I'm very much looking forward to the new The Library Presents season. Our libraries are fantastic places to explore new worlds and open your horizons so delve into the programme to be surprised and discover something new.
"I would advise booking as soon as possible as some of the events last year were a sell-out. I would also urge people to go along to their library between September 9 and October 11 to have their say on the content of the following spring season's programme."
The autumn season brochure is available now and tickets can be booked online at: www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/arts or in participating libraries.