Acclaimed Melrose Quartet to perform in Upwood
- Credit: Archant
The Melrose Quartet is the second act to perform as part of the Upwood Village Hall Performing Arts Events 11th season.
They return to the venue in October after playing to a sell-out audience at the village hall three years ago.
From deep roots in their hometown’s vibrant music, song and dance scene, to smashing concert appearances in the UK and abroad, Sheffield-based Melrose Quartet has attracted a reputation for making music that connects with people. All four are internationally renowned singers, instrumentalists, writer/composers and teachers and in 2017 they were proud to be named the new patrons of Whitby Folk week.
In concert, Melrose Quartet perform a diverse repertoire – carousing chorus songs, lively dance tunes, ancient stories and modern pieces written in celebration of everything from weddings and birthdays to issues which affect the lives of people living in modern times.
The band’s latest album, Dominion, expands and strengthens the musical presence they first asserted with Fifty Verses - their 2014 BBC Folk Award-nominated debut CD.
You may also want to watch:
Melrose Quartet comprises of: Nancy Kerr (voice, fiddle) James Fagan (voice, bouzouki, guitar) Jess Arrowsmith (voice, fiddle) Richard Arrowsmith (voice, melodeons).
INFO: The concert takes place on October 4 and starts at 7.45pm. Tickets are £14 and available from the box office on: 07709 930398 or email: pndmcleod@btinternet,com.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester