The Hunts Post chooses its top ten films of 2017.
- Credit: Archant
Dunkirk (12A) Depicts the Dunkirk evacuation of World War Two. Operation Dynamo took place on the beaches and harbour of Dunkirk, in the north of France, between May 26 and June 4, 1940.
Paddington 2 (PG)
Now settled with the Brown family, Paddington has become a popular member of the community. One day, he spots a pop-up book in an antique shop and knows it is the perfect present for aunt lucy’s 100th birthday.
La La Land (12A)
Sebastian and Mia are drawn together by their common desire to do what they love. But as success mounts they are faced with decisions that begin to fray the fragile fabric of their love affair.
Beauty and the Beast (PG)
An old beggar woman casts a spell on a prince, turning him into a beast and his servants into household objects. The curse will not lift unless he learns to love another.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 5 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 10 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
I, Daniel Blake (15)
A 59-year-old widowed carpenter is forced to rely on benefits after a heart attack leaves him unable to work. Despite his doctor’s diagnosis, the benefit system deems Blake fit for work. The film sees him struggling to navigate his way through an agonising appeal process.
Murder on the Orient Express (12A)
Mystery drama based on the 1934 novel by Agatha Christie. A lavish trip through Europe quickly unfolds into a race against time. When an avalanche stops the Orient Express, the world’s greatest detective, Hercule Poirot, arrives to interrogate the passengers.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (12A)
Luke Skywalker’s peaceful and solitary existence is upended when he encounters Rey, a young woman who shows strong signs of the Force. Her desire to learn the ways of the Jedi, force Luke to make a decision that changes their lives forever.
Baby Driver (15)
Talented getaway driver Baby relies on the beat of his personal sound track to be the best in the game. After meeting the woman of his dreams, he sees the chance for a clean break.
War for the Planet of the Apes (12)
Caesar and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless colonel. After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind.
The final instalment of the Wolverine. Set in the near future, a weary Logan is caring for an ailing professor X in a hide-out on the Mexican border. But Logan’s attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are coming to an end.