Charity film showing of The Greatest Showman
- Credit: Archant
A charity film showing of The Greatest Showman will take place at Huntingdon Racecourse in September.
The event, to raise funds for EACH on September 15 promises to be full of fun, with a live band to entertain until the film begins. In addition there will be hot food and drinks, or guests are welcome to take a picnic.
Polly West, EACH Cambridgeshire community fundraiser, said: “We’re really excited to be screening such a popular hit film as The Greatest Showman and delighted to already have sold 505 tickets. It’s sure to be a fantastic night of music, laughter and entertainment.”
“All money raised will help us continue providing care for children with life-threatening conditions across the region and support for their families.”
The Greatest Showman, featuring Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron and Michelle Williams among others, was released in December last year and its music is a major part of current pop culture, with the soundtrack album becoming only the second album in 30 years – after Adele’s 21 – to achieve 11 consecutive weeks at number one.
You may also want to watch:
Gates will open at 6.30pm. The film, one hour and 45 minutes, will start at sundown around 8pm. There will be no reserved seating, so guests are advised to take blankets and collapsible chairs for full comfort.
Tickets are £12. There will be free parking available. Dogs are permitted, but must be kept on leads at all times. To book and for more information about both the event, supported by Star Radio, and the charity’s care services, visit www.each.org.uk/cinema.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio