Recommended Book of the Week: The End of Time by Gavin Extence
- Credit: Archant
The End Of Time is an epic story of brotherly love, courage and resilience.
A sensitively written, compassionate and heart-warming must-read for anyone struggling to make sense of world events.
Beneath the stars, on a stony beach, stand two teenage brothers.
They are wearing life jackets that are too big for them and their most precious belongings are sealed in waterproof bags tucked inside the rucksacks on their backs.
Turkey is behind them and Europe lies ahead, a dark, desperate swim away.
You may also want to watch:
They don't know what will come next, but they're about to meet a man who does. He calls himself Jesus, the Messiah. He is barefoot, dishevelled and smells strongly of alcohol.
And he doesn't believe in chance meetings. He believes he has information about the future - information that will change three lives forever.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess