Recommended Book of the Week: The End of Time by Gavin Extence
- Credit: Archant
The End Of Time is an epic story of brotherly love, courage and resilience.
A sensitively written, compassionate and heart-warming must-read for anyone struggling to make sense of world events.
Beneath the stars, on a stony beach, stand two teenage brothers.
They are wearing life jackets that are too big for them and their most precious belongings are sealed in waterproof bags tucked inside the rucksacks on their backs.
Turkey is behind them and Europe lies ahead, a dark, desperate swim away.
You may also want to watch:
They don't know what will come next, but they're about to meet a man who does. He calls himself Jesus, the Messiah. He is barefoot, dishevelled and smells strongly of alcohol.
And he doesn't believe in chance meetings. He believes he has information about the future - information that will change three lives forever.
- 1 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 2 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 3 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 4 Competition launched to name new St Ives park
- 5 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 6 Football club is now a mobile testing centre for coronavirus
- 7 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 8 Letters to the Editor
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon