Recommended Book of the Week: The End of Time by Gavin Extence
- Credit: Archant
The End Of Time is an epic story of brotherly love, courage and resilience.
A sensitively written, compassionate and heart-warming must-read for anyone struggling to make sense of world events.
Beneath the stars, on a stony beach, stand two teenage brothers.
They are wearing life jackets that are too big for them and their most precious belongings are sealed in waterproof bags tucked inside the rucksacks on their backs.
Turkey is behind them and Europe lies ahead, a dark, desperate swim away.
You may also want to watch:
They don't know what will come next, but they're about to meet a man who does. He calls himself Jesus, the Messiah. He is barefoot, dishevelled and smells strongly of alcohol.
And he doesn't believe in chance meetings. He believes he has information about the future - information that will change three lives forever.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Clifford Thomas is the new mayor of Godmanchester
- 6 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 7 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 8 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
- 9 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed