The Burgess Hall to host Frank Sinatra evening
- Credit: Archant
The Burgess Hall in St Ives will play host to an evening of cabaret on March 19, complete with a special theme.
The Big Band Sounds and Cabaret Concert will return with a Frank Sinatra theme this year, ‘It’s Time to be Frank!’, with some of his greatest hits performed throughout the evening.
Huntingdonshire Concert Band will take to the stage to play music also made famous by Duke Ellington and Benny Goodman, as well as tribute pieces to Louis Armstrong and Robbie Williams.
The group will also be joined by ten performers from Stageworks Performing Arts.
David McClintock, Musical Director of the Huntingdonshire Concert Band, said: “This has now become a well established part of the band’s annual programme of concerts, giving people the perfect opportunity to join up with friends to listen to the best of Big Band Swing and Jazz, and see two Huntingdonshire groups showing off their skills.”
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7pm for a 7:30pm start. Tickets cost £9, and can be booked on 01480 811 027 or 07980 316 402.
Alternatively, they can be secured online at hcb.ticketsource.co.uk or by emailing email@example.com
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan