Texas announced as final act for summer concert season at Newmarket Racecourse
- Credit: Archant
Newmarket Racecourse has announced that Texas is the final act for its summer concert season and will be performing at the venue in July.
Fronted by Sharleen Spiteri, Texas is one of Britain’s best-loved bands and during a 30-year career has sold more than 35 million records, had three number one albums, seven top 10 albums and 13 top 10 singles including hits Say What You Want and Black Eyed Boy. Recently releasing their 9th studio album Jump On Board, which saw the band catapulted back into the top 10 once again.
Amy Starkey, regional director, Jockey Club Racecourses East Region,said; “We are pleased to announce Texas as our final act to complete the line-up of music events at Newmarket Racecourses this summer. We look forward to welcoming Texas back to the Adnams July Course for the first time since 2011 on July 28 for what will no doubt be a fantastic evening of racing and musical entertainment.”
Following on from Little Mix’s sell out of general admission tickets last week, many of the shows are set to follow suit in the coming months. Fans are suggested to book now to avoid disappointment:
23rd June – Little Mix – GENERAL ADMISSION SOLD OUT
You may also want to watch:
30th June – The Jacksons 50th Anniversary Tour
21st July – Culture Club
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
28th July – Texas
4th August – James
11th August – Chase & Status (DJ Set)
18th August – Olly Murs
26th August – Jess Glynne.
Tickets are available from: www.thejockeyclublive.co.uk. Tickets prices start at £26 for adults and £13 for children.