Tears for Fears will rule Newmarket Racecourse and you could win tickets to be there
- Credit: Archant
Rock and pop group, Tears for Fears will take to the stage at Newmarket Nights this month.
The platinum-selling album duo – Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith – will appear at the Adnams July Course armed with hits like Shout, Head Over Heels and, of course, Everybody Wants to Rule the World.
Teaming up with organisers, The Hunts Post has two pairs of tickets to give away, and the band even promises to play a collection of brand new songs.
The duo shot to fame after the release of their debut album, The Hurting, in 1983, which featured a staggering three top five singles – Change, Pale Shelter, and Mad World.
The band said: “We are very excited to be headlining at the Newmarket Racecourse. The band will be playing an action-packed set filled with classic hits and new songs that we will be playing for first time in the UK. We cannot wait to share this amazing day with fans, old and new.”
Now, their sixth studio album – Everybody Loves a Happy Ending released in 2004 – has sold more than 30 million copies worldwide, featuring some of the most recognised songs in British New Wave music.
“This will be the first time Tears for Fears will have played at the Adnams July Course and I am sure they will draw in a great crowd, said Amy Starkey, the regional director (east) of Jockey Club Racecourses.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 5 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 9 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 10 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
“2016 is going to be a very special year for Newmarket Racecourses as we celebrate 350 years of making history. Following on from a fantastic and record breaking 2015, our award winning Newmarket Nights are set to be the best yet.”
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to see Tears for Fears, on July 29, just answer this question.
What is the name of Tears for Fears sixth studio album?
Answers on a postcard to: The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or email: email@example.com
Deadline is July 21. Entries must include a daytime telephone number. Usual terms and conditions. Editor’s decision final.
The first race will start at 5.20pm, and the last will be at 8.35pm with Tears for Fears performing shortly afterwards.
Tickets are still available for the event, but are limited and can only be booked on 0344 579 3010.