Talent agency is holding auditions for youngsters interested in working in theatre and television
- Credit: Archant
Do you have a child aged from five to 18 who is interested in getting work in theatre and television?
If you think your child has what it takes to feature in a television commercial or perform in a West End musical, then why not take them along to an audition in St Neots at the end of January.
The Stageworks Talent & Theatrical Agency (SWA) is now auditioning for new children to join its books. Auditions will take place on January 28 at the Stageworks Studios in St Neots, from 3pm to 6pm.
Everyone who auditions will take part in an acting workshop and get the chance to practice their headshots and audition slate, as well as performing a pre-prepared audition piece.
Michael Bays, principal at Stageworks Studios, said: “We are so proud of the achievements made by the current children we represent and the standard of our clients has enhanced our reputation as a respected agency in the industry.
“This audition day is a fantastic opportunity for any talented young people in the region who are excited by the idea of working in theatre and television and are interested in getting an agent. You don’t necessarily have to have any previous performance experience or be taking classes at the moment, but we are looking for children with a natural spark for performing who will shine on stage and in front of the camera. The audition day will be an informative day for parents and children interested in getting an insight into how this side of the industry works.”
SWA represents a number of child actors and performers and its clients include 10-year-old Charlie McLellan who played Tiny Tim in the Middle Temple Hall’s Christmas Carol in London this season, as well as performing in the smash-hit musical Kinky Boots; and 15 year old Rachel Mingay, from Gamlingay, who featured in a Specsavers television advert with Julie Walters in 2017.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 5 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 9 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 10 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
Auditions cost £25 per child and booking is essential. To find out more and to get an application form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.stageworksstudio.co.uk/agency.