Take to the skies at Nene Valley Gliding Club’s open weekend
- Credit: Archant
Nene Valley Gliding Club is opening its doors to the public this weekend as part of a special open event.
Following the success of last year’s event, the club will once again be welcoming visitors to its home, in Ramsey Road, Upwood, for two days of flying.
The event runs from 10am-6pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
There will be four two-seater aircraft, one of which is open topped, and visitors will be given the opportunity to take to the skies.
Flights will be charged at £30, with subsequent flights charged at £15, for those who want a second trip.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will available all day and everyone is welcome. Those hoping to fly must be at least 12-years-old and tall enough to wear a parachute.
Family and friends are welcome to come along and watch.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
Money being raised across the weekend will go towards gliding scholarships for six students at Abbey College, Ramsey.