Take to the skies at Nene Valley Gliding Club’s open weekend
- Credit: Archant
Nene Valley Gliding Club is opening its doors to the public this weekend as part of a special open event.
Following the success of last year’s event, the club will once again be welcoming visitors to its home, in Ramsey Road, Upwood, for two days of flying.
The event runs from 10am-6pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
There will be four two-seater aircraft, one of which is open topped, and visitors will be given the opportunity to take to the skies.
Flights will be charged at £30, with subsequent flights charged at £15, for those who want a second trip.
Refreshments will available all day and everyone is welcome. Those hoping to fly must be at least 12-years-old and tall enough to wear a parachute.
Family and friends are welcome to come along and watch.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
Money being raised across the weekend will go towards gliding scholarships for six students at Abbey College, Ramsey.