T. Rex tribute group brings glam rock night to Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
The only T.Rex tribute act to be approved by the original band is heading to the Key Theatre in Peterborough this June.
T.Rextasy have been performing across the globe for more than 20 years, belting out hits made famous by 1970s glam rock sensation Marc Bolan and his band T.Rex.
Originally called Tyrannosaurus Rex, the band shortened its name and is known for favourites like ‘Telegram Sam’, ‘Jeepster’, ‘Get It On’ and ‘I Love to Boogie’, and, for £19.50, the numbers can be enjoyed live on June 3.
Taking the reigns, T.Rexasty is the only tribute band endorsed by Marc Bolan’s family, who lost the lead singer in a car accident in 1977, and by ex-members of the group.
Bill Legend, the original T.Rex drummer, said: “They’re the closest you’re ever going to get to the real thing.”
You may also want to watch:
The show, which is part of the band’s ‘I Love to Boogie - 40th Anniversary Tour’, starts at 7:30pm and tickets are available on 01733 207 239 or from vivacity-peterborough.com/event/t-rextasy40316.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children