Sublime soprano will light up St Ives church
- Credit: Archant
An international opera singer will be performing in St Ives on Saturday and tickets are still available for the event.
Amanda Roocroft is appearing at The Free Church in St Ives on December 13 in a concert entitled Amanda and Friends and will present songs from Strauss to Sondheim.
The leading soprano and Olivier Award winner has performed leading roles in most of the world’s opera houses and under the watchful eye of renowned leading conductors.
Roocroft is also a professor of vocal performance at the Royal Northern College of Music and is joined for this performance by international Grammy nominated tenor Paul Charles Clarke. Also appearing are, past and present pupils from the RNCM and local performers.
Chris Lewis, who sings baritone and is appearing on stage with Roocroft on Saturday, said he was trilled to be performing alongside one of the country’s greatest soprano voices.
“The significance of this event is that if features arguably the greatest singer to appear in St Ives,” he said.
Roocroft released her CD Tell Me The Truth About Love last year, which charts the course of a love affair through the eyes of a woman.
- 1 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 2 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 3 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 4 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 5 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 6 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 9 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
- 10 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
INFORMATION: The concert will take place at The Free Church in Market Hill, St Ives and starts at 7pm. Tickets are £10 and are available from: Just Sharing which is located at the church or online at: stivescornexchange.ticketsource.co.uk.